Young Professional - Security Engineer - req1675
Proximus is the leading telecommunications company in Belgium and a market leader in a number of areas, including fixed-line telephony services, mobile communications services and broadband data and Internet services.
Within Proximus, the past years, we have been heavily invested in developing a comprehensive security strategy, in addition to implementing a SOC (Security Operations Center), appropriate governance, processes, training and awareness initiatives.
Proximus also provides managed security services for companies that leave the security monitoring of their infrastructure and applications to Proximus.
Within the Security Engineering team, the related intrusion detection and prevention technology is developed and kept up to date. Centrally, SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) systems enable real-time analysis of security alerts, trite and vulnerability management tools, filtering, reporting and data analytics technologies. Evolutions within this rapidly changing domain are monitored closely.
As a Security engineer in the team, you will be a key person in supporting and maintaining the security platform. You will be involved in the security monitoring of new technologies and systems, from concept definition to implementation and testing. You will implement improvements to real-time views and reporting. You will be involved in the definition of the Security Tool evolution, assist in implementing platform upgrades, and in evaluating new technologies within the domain.
* You have a Master's / Bachelor's degree in IT or related or an experience up to 3 years in security domain.
* Language: Good knowledge of English (written and oral) and Dutch/French
* Communicative and assertive.
* Able to work independently & as part of a team.
* Sense of responsibility and self-initiative.
* Flexible, and stress resistant, able to work around roadblocks if required, but always keeping the target in sight.
* Able to deliver work of high quality.
* Good working knowledge of (Redhat) Linux & development for Linux.
* Analysis and documentation skills as well as programming and implementation experience.
You are curious, have an analytical mind, and are always looking for solutions? You work independently, pay attention to detail, and you like to work with different people inside and outside the team?
Apply for this function.
A professional and stimulating working environment in the high-tech telecommunications sector with various career opportunities within the Proximus group. Depending on the business market priorities, your personal affinity and experience, several tasks can be performed, often by contacts throughout the complete Proximus organisation. This job is the ideal opportunity to discover our company from the inside.