Young Professional - Junior Security Engineer - req1675
Proximus is the leading telecommunications company in Belgium and a market leader in a number of areas, including fixed-line telephony services, mobile communications services and broadband data and Internet services.
What can be security at Proximus?
Within Proximus, the past years, we have been heavily invested in developing a comprehensive security strategy, in addition to implementing a SOC (Security Operations Center), appropriate governance, processes, training and awareness initiatives.
Proximus also provides managed security services for companies that leave the security monitoring of their infrastructure and applications to Proximus.
What does the team?
Within the Security Engineering team, we are developing the related intrusion detection and prevention technology and keeping this up to date. Centrally, SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) systems enable real-time analysis of security alerts, trite and vulnerability management tools, filtering, reporting and data analytics technologies. Evolutions within this rapidly changing domain are monitored closely.
What will be your challenges as Junior Security Engineer?
* You will be a key person in supporting and maintaining the security platform,
* You will be involved in the security monitoring of new technologies and systems, from concept definition to implementation and testing,
* You will implement improvements to real-time views and reporting,
* You will be involved in the definition of the Security Tool evolution,
* You will assist in implementing platform upgrades, and in evaluating new technologies within the domain.
How will you meet these challenges?
* You have a Master's / Bachelor's degree in IT or related or an experience up to 3 years in security domain.
* You have a good working knowledge of (Redhat) Linux & development for Linux.
* You have analysis and documentation skills as well as programming and implementation experience.
* You have a good knowledge of English and Dutch or French .
* Communicative and assertive
* Autonomous as well as collaborative
* Responsible and able to take initiative
* Analytical mind
* Solution oriented
* Sense of high quality work.
A professional and stimulating working environment in the high-tech telecommunications sector with various career opportunities within the Proximus group. Depending on the business market priorities, your personal affinity and experience, several tasks can be performed, often by contacts throughout the complete Proximus organisation. This job is the ideal opportunity to discover our company from the inside.