Computacenter is Europe's leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services, enabling users and their business. We advise organisations on IT strategy, implement the most appropriate technology, optimise its performance, and manage our customers’ infrastructures. In doing this we help CIOs and IT departments in enterprise and corporate organisations maximise productivity and the business value of IT for internal and external users.
Rooted in core European countries Computacenter combines global reach with local expertise. We operate Infrastructure Operations Centres and Group Service Desks across Europe, South Africa and Asia from which our employees provide user support in 18 languages. Customers with global requirements are served through an extensive international partner network, which mirrors the requirements of our European-headquartered client base.
Role of the IT Support Engineer
- Working as part of a dynamic team you will be providing 1st or 2nd line user support.
- On Site, you will analyse incidents, problems & service requests. You propose solutions and help implementing them. You will be responsible for their escalation and follow up.
- This is a challenging position for candidates with the capabilities to move fast & enhance their technical & personal skills to progress to on-site support level.
Knowledge & Key Skills
- Excellent knowledge of Windows 7 / 10 and standard Office applications
- Good knowledge of desktop and laptop hardware environments
- Good knowledge of mobile OS : IOS, Android
- Basic Networking/Server administration
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer
- Science, or equivalent by experience
- Language: English & French or Dutch
- Good knowledge of the most commonly used IT tools.
- At least 6 to 18 months of experience in a Service desk or Support environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent by experience.
- Very good communication skills, both verbal and written in English and good command of Dutch or French
- Able to follow up on incidents & to set priorities
- Flexible & willing to adjust to different client environments
- Service minded and result oriented
- Structured and a fast learner
- A challenging job in a dynamic and innovating environment where personal development and growth are encouraged
- Opportunities for learning where needed
- An attractive remuneration package including fringe benefits and company car