- We are looking for a no-nonsense Engineer. You'll work in a team that manages systems and applications in a high risk environment with visibility and impact to the world.
- The team is responsible for the operational part of the chain. We are the first contact to address all operational issues. We manage the complete management application landscape in different environments. We mostly run windows-based systems on premise or in the cloud. The applications are homegrown and build in .Net, Python and java based applications are not uncommon and are finding their way in the landscape. A cloud first strategy (Microsoft Azure) is being implemented for new systems.
- You are part of a team 8 experts, with an attitude of “if we can't fix it, it can't be fixed”.
- Take part of the daily tasks to keep the systems up and running.
- Integrate new applications and components in the existing landscape.
- By actively looking to automate manual labor you reduce operational risk (scripting in powershell).
- You manage the release and configuration process by using tools like Jenkins, chef, oneautomation, Azure Devops (former VSTS).
- You enjoy trying out new technologies and concepts.
- Improve the quality of releases by integrating yourself in the various development teams.
- Investing time in deployment pipelines to improve the quality.
- You manage and automate software releases (mainly powershell).
- One week a month you'll be part of on duty-guard team.
- You assist developers to ensure the release process is fluid.
- Assist in setting up new way of monitoring the different systems and applications.
- We are looking for a team-driven person, that stays calm in stressful situations.
- You are quick to learn and adapt to the large landscape in which we operate to ease the integration progress.
- You'll actively discover new technologies and philosophies and look for ways to exploit and integrate them.
- You have a development background or even better a devops background and you can apply those philosophies in an operational environment.
- Motivated to mentor, you'll assist your colleagues with these concepts.
- You are familiar with concepts like: Infrastructure as code,Continuous Delivery Continuous Integration, Full Stack Monitoring.
- We don't expect you to know all these tools, but some form of experience is an asset: Jenkins,Chef / Ensemble,OneAutomation , IDE tools; Like VSS, Visual Studio or Eclipse
- You speak French or Dutch and English.
- The opportunity to work in a very large environment;
- The opportunity to work next to very knowledgeable specialists in various domains;
- Trainings etc.;
- A competitive salary, supplemented with attractive fringe benefits (company car etc.);
- The job location is (very) easily accessible by public transport (next to the North Station).