The Consumer Business industry is experiencing a period of unprecedented changes: consumer behaviour has changed drastically, forcing the business to reassess their business model while optimising their margins. As a senior manager/director for the consumer business (encompassing both Automotive, consumer products, retail/wholesale & distribution and transportation/Hospitality & Services), you will lead a team of professionals who help our clients in their business transformation.
Who we are
Our Risk Advisory team offers services to multi-national and large organizations, public institutions and private companies. Thanks to a strong regional presence and our multi-disciplinary approach, we are ideally placed to meet the requirements of innumerable small and medium, fast-growing, and large companies.
We’re passionate about what we do because we know our role is to give our clients more control of their operational and financial processes. By managing risk and uncertainty from the boardroom to the network, we help our client’s spot pitfalls before they become problems, weigh the pros and cons and connect the dots so they can make informed, intelligent and insightful decisions that help them take mitigation actions and maximize opportunities.
Thanks to the strong development of our business, and in order to reach the ambitious targets we set for ourselves, we are currently looking for a talented (f/m) Dutch speaking Consumer Business Industry Lead within our Finance & Operations Risk Transformation team.
Work you will do
- Business development & sales
- As a Senior Manager / Director, you will take on a leading role in growing Deloitte’s consumer business industry within the Finance & Operations Risk Transformation team;
- Through your knowledge of the market and your network in the consumer business industry, you will drive business development and oversee the account management for many of our clients;
- You deliver innovative and relevant service value propositions and tools to effectively position our team within the consumer business industry;
- Assisting clients
- You will be responsible for assisting our clients with innovative and pragmatic solutions, helping them cope with the challenges they are facing;
- You should be able to provide genuine thought leadership towards both clients and peers in the area of the Consumer Business;
- You generate insights in order to understand and validate product value through continuous key stakeholder engagement (e.g. market research, advisory boards, interviews, field account visits, meetings/congresses, etc.);
- Liaise with key stakeholders to gain insight and support in key areas such as market expansion, customer insights, profitability management etc.;
- You will operate out of our Brussels office;
- Eminence building
- You will take on a leading role in eminence building and continuous development of our strategy and operations service offering, with a specific focus on the consumer business industry;
- Team leadership
- Provide guidance to the project team in terms of insights in industry’s market access objectives and strategies;
- You will be responsible for attracting and retaining talent while clearly leading by example. As a leader of a fast-growing and diverse group of skilled people, you will ensure that (together with our HR team) we continue to develop innovative ways to enhance both retention and recruitment of qualified people so that our work environment remains simply irresistible for our people.
- You have a minimum of 10 years of track record experience in advisory for consumer products;
- You are familiar with S&OP, working capital and other domains of supply chain management;
- Being familiar with internal audit and internal control is a plus;
- You have experience in account management;
- You have specific hands-on consulting experience in providing pragmatic solutions in the domains of market access;
- You truly excel in not only reaching out to new clients, but also nurturing and building long-lasting relationships with existing clients. You are capable of being recognised as a clear trusted advisor to senior management functions within our clients. You thrive on ensuring the highest quality and ethical standards in your client advice and relations;
- You have a clear ability to think outside the box while demonstrating strong communication, entrepreneurial and leadership skills;
- You have a flexible and well-developed sense of initiative, you are able to take responsibility for your own workload and drive a multi-disciplinary group forward;
- You are action-oriented and like taking initiatives;
- You have a true willingness and ability to work as part of an integrated, enthusiastic and multi-disciplinary team;
- You have an excellent command of written and spoken Dutch, English and French.
How you will grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programmes at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
What is in it for you
We know that great people make a great organisation. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
You will work in a collaborative and creative environment. Personal development and growth are encouraged and many unique learning opportunities are offered. You will receive an attractive and competitive salary with fringe benefits.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organisation that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity and positive change.