Deloitte is a world leading professional services firm, providing managing consulting, financial advisory, accounting and auditing services and legal and tax advice. In Belgium we are the largest professional service provider. Our offices offer services to multi-national and large organisations, public institutions and innumerable small, fast-growing companies. Thanks to a strong regional presence and our multi-disciplinary approach, we are ideally placed to meet the requirements of a wide range of public institutions and small and large companies.
Deloitte Consulting has a strong reputation and track record in policy analysis and development at EU level in a large number of policy domains. We are a recognized leader in advising the European Commission and other EU institutions. Our multi-disciplinary competencies within Deloitte – and our global geographic presence - allow us to address policy issues from every angle (policy, legal, economic and financial).
Our services are delivered by exceptional consulting professionals who are encouraged to share knowledge and insights. We have strong values that recognize diversity, collaboration and the growth of the individual.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced professional with a strong record in European policy studies in the above-mentioned areas to strengthen our practice. We expect the right candidate to lead the strategic and business development in this area, and manage projects from the inception phase to their final implementation and dissemination. The right person will have the skills, knowledge, experience and policy background to strategically develop our footprint in these areas, win work and manage projects with full client satisfaction and profitability.
You will join our multinational EU Policy team based in Brussels, to play an active role in our business development and our projects covering different policy domains (with a strong focus on European Commission DG ENV, DG CLIMA and DG ENER among others).
The function will offer opportunities for career development as our activities are expanding. According to your background and experience you will, in the policy areas concerned:
• Develop appropriate strategies to further expand our business and impact.
• Lead study proposals and marketing for the European Commission and other clients.
• Develop a strong network with EU officials and other stakeholders.
• Develop our team in the areas concerned.
• Manage and deliver projects (policy studies, evaluation, impact assessment, etc.) in an independent way, deal with project research and lead the report writing process.
You are able to have quality discussions with clients at Head of Unit / Director levels, demonstrating creativity combined with strong strategic capabilities.
• You have at least twelve years of EU Consulting experience, in the policy areas listed above (environment, climate, energy).
• You hold a university degree and preferably also a relevant Master/postgraduate degree.
• You have a strong experience working on the relevant policy areas at European level. Strong understanding and expertise in digital areas are a plus.
• Your working experience mainly covers the DG ENV / DG CLIMA / DG ENER policy areas - additional expertise in strategic policy studies, impact assessment and evaluations will be valued.
• You have commercial flair and you are a natural team player.
• You are open-minded, creative, enthusiastic and flexible.
• You are an exceptional communicator with the ability to articulate complex ideas to all levels of an organization, and effectively lead and manage all key stakeholders.
• You are an excellent people manager and are able to support the development of our team. You are able to lead large and cross-functional teams.
• You have in-depth knowledge of the European institutions and their systems.
• You have excellent communication skills and communicate fluently in English (spoken and written). Knowledge of additional EU languages is an advantage.
• A stimulating work environment where personal growth and development are encouraged.
• A large diversity in project engagements.
• A substantial investment in training and coaching.
• The opportunity to take part in shaping your company.
• An attractive and competitive salary with fringe benefits.
• Opportunity to work on international projects.
• Challenging career opportunities.