Computacenter is a leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services, with about 15,000 employees worldwide and a global revenue of £4.35 billion (2018). We work at the heart of digitisation, advising organisations on IT strategy, implementing the most appropriate technology and managing our customers’ infrastructures.
We offer a friendly, open working environment without too much fuss about hierarchy. We are looking for professionals with diverse competencies, personalities and strengths who want to live our shared value of teamwork and performance.
Interested in joining a company with a strong sense of community?
We’re growing. We’re hiring. We encourage. We empower. We support.
We are currently looking for an IT service desk agent to join our current team in a dynamic and challenging IT environment. Mainly Dutch & French speaking community and remotely supporting 40 business units, logistics & factory plants and retail shops. Willing to take shifts in the future and 24/7 standby role.
Support duties and responsibilities of the job
Working as part of a dynamic team, you will be providing 1st or 2nd line user support.
On Site, you will analyse incidents, problems & service requests. You propose solutions and help in implementing them. You will be responsible for escalation and follow up.
Support duties and responsibilities of the job:
- Processes in scope: incident, service request, change, asset & knowledge management
- Ticket handling via Self-service portal, email, or phone
- Kiosk activities - user walk ins (deliver IT equipment)
- Document knowledge articles
- Ticket escalation & follow up
- Asset management, stock management & follow up
This is a challenging position for candidates with the capabilities to learn quickly and enhance their technical and personal skills to the high level required.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows 7 / 10 and standard Office applications
- Good knowledge of desktop and laptop hardware environments
- Good knowledge of the most commonly used IT tools
- Basic Networking/Server administration
- At least 6 to 12 months of experience in a Service desk or Support environment
- Service minded, communicative and result oriented
- A technical, logical thought process with problem-solving skills
- Able to follow up on incidents & to set priorities
- Flexible & willing to adjust to different client environments
- Structured and a fast learner
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written in Dutch and French and good command of English.
An entry into an established International IT services company, with a competitive compensation package (company car, luncheon vouchers,...), and guided career development opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity employer.