Our customer in the telecom sector is currently looking for a medior Data Analyst with a relevant experience in Microstrategy (as user or architect).
An Architect Certificate in Microstrategy is ideal but can be obtained after the start of the mission.
You are part of the “Customer Performance & Analytics” team within the Business Intelligence department. The team is responsible for customers reporting and ad hoc analyses (subscriptions, usage and value). These reports are used for internal and external publication.
The data warehouse data are the basis for all this.
• As Data Analyst, you are the point of contact for the set-up and update of weekly and monthly reports, which allow the business to follow the evolution of products and customer segments.
• In case business questions can’t be answered with standard reports, you run appropriate ad hoc requests.
• You collaborate with business to clarify their business questions, translate them into data queries and finally transform this data into customer knowledge that will support business decisions.
• You master data and business concepts and you know how to find appropriate answers to business questions.
• You work together with technical staff to put in place appropriate data structure behind reports and analyses.
Near the data analyses (standard reports & ad-hoc request), you’re also responsible, as Architect, for the set-up of Microstrategy (and Power BI in future) reports.
You know how to set up consistent semantic layer to guarantee clean data model.
You are able to propose the most appropriate visualizations to highlight business insights.
For this, you work in close collaboration with IT and you respect the standards in place to build and deploy reports in production.
• Bachelor or Master degree (or equivalent in experience) in IT, quantitative analytics, economics, marketing, …).
• 4-5 years of relevant experience in an analytical business environment
• Experience in Telco environment is a plus
• Strong knowledge of SQL (Teradata /Oracle), used in a business intelligence context
• Strong knowledge of Microstrategy and Power BI tools (an architect certification is required by IT but can be obtained after the start of the mission too)
• Relevant experience in Microstrategy and Power BI projects development and strong capability to translate figures into nice visualizations
• Strong knowledge of database management & data warehouse
• Strong analytical skills - familiar with relational databases; interest in the Data science, Data Governance and Cloud domains is a plus even it’s not the key focus
• Able to manage projects in an autonomous way from business requirements to reporting and visualization
• Team player, dynamic, entrepreneurial, self-starter, stress resistant, pro-active, constructive mind-set and fast learner profile.
• Strong communication skills to be able to clarify the business needs and challenge them.
• Result oriented
• Fluent in Dutch and/or French
• Very good knowledge of English (written & oral)