We are looking for a telecom and IT Project Manager.
You will plan, monitor and manage internal projects from initiation through completion, according to the departmental business objectives, translating these objectives into concrete deliverables.
Characteristics of these Projects are:
Direction of the scope is identified but not fully defined yet, as is the impact on products and technology.
• In some projects new technology can be introduced. This is for instance the case for large and complex end-of-life replacements or when introducing new technology. This is not always the case, technology can be known and can be market practice (e.g. Oracle).
• Possible impact on legacy systems, processes, organization, operations, incl change mgmt.
• Typically delivered within 1 project potentially in phases within a max 2 year timeframe. Changes in scope, roadmap, priorities & timing are possible but not frequent.
• Dependencies are usually within the same organization and/or IT related
• Delivers the agreed scope and deliverables
• High stakes for the department, LT level stakeholders.
• Customer impact is often a key characteristic of these initiatives Project scope includes managing the customer impact. Often in partnership with other departments
• Project governance
• Projects cover CSS, BSS and OSS + integration to the Origin platform of an external service provider.
• In this particular case, one of the targetted projects is very much IT related, the other one is very much process/documentation related
The “normal” cross-functional delivery practices used for standard Projects are sufficient.
The PM uses formal processes and tools to manage resources, budgets, risks and changes.
The PM manages projects to ensure on-time completion according to specifications and within budgeted costs
Key Roles & Responabilities
• Translate a scope into deliverables, solution and planning
• Managing Project Delivery, steer cross functional teams towards deliverables. Manage dependencies within the Project and with other initiatives.
• Risk Management
• Lead the project team to define different scenarios and solutions, taking into account multiple constraints and opinions/visions.
• Stakeholder management (including change & conflict management, expectation mgmt. & aligment up to LT level)
• Managing the Business case, Budget Management and Resourcing
PM must understand the business, industry and corresponding technology.
Besides Telecom knowledge, ICT knowledge is required too as lot of projects need IT adaptations or are dealing with deploying of applications.
Knowledge must, to make it possible:
• to identify impact and stakeholders in the organisation,
• to lead the teams to define and build optimal solutions taking into account different expectations,
• to challenge each of the impacted teams, solutions & plans,
• to identify dependencies and conflicts between different projects.
• Experience of the entire project/application lifecycle, especially with regard to delivery, testing, default resolution and recognised development methodologies according to structured project management methodologies
• A good understanding of the company’s organization and corresponding roles is needed as projects have links and stakeholder involvement with finance, purchasing, business, legal, IT,…
• To bring together Agile (mostly Scrum) and non-Agile oriented teams