For our customer we’re looking for a talented Senior Network Engineer that want to take the lead within the team.
In the first place we’re looking for candidates with the “Anankei DNA”.
Our DNA embodies a positive and joyful attitude.
Dream IT , Trust IT, Go for IT !
What can you expect?
• Development and support of the network environment (LAN/WAN).
• Network monitoring, incident and troubleshooting
• Analyse and troubleshoot the daily network reporting.
• Create and maintain standard procedures (SOP'S) on behalf of the daily operational environment to offer solutions for problems and actions that can be solved on a routine basis
• Development, screening and maintaining current and new network tools
• Initiate and cooperate in network improvement, installation and migration projects.
• Write, correct and maintain the proper network documentation.
• Create, test and maintain service recovery procedures and plans.
Your background :
• Experience in networking, preferably in large environments
• Checkpoint Next Generation Firewalls
• Able to audit and improve existing firewall rulebases on CheckPoint technology
• Able to handle and validate new firewall rule requests
• Cisco switches, Cisco routers · Other network equipment knowledge is a plus
• Able to work with or experience with network monitoring tools
• Strong knowledge of routing protocols
• Experience with incident management of a complex network
• Network management tools
• Bachelor Degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science OR equivalent through experience.
• Advanced course work in technical systems plus continued education in technical disciplines is preferred
• Cisco CCNA or other certification is recommended
• Some flexibility in working hours is required (occasional work outside of normal working hours or weekend/holiday work)
• On-call permanency (standby) is possible
• Strong tracking, coordination and project planning skills
• Ability to identify and implement process and/or application improvements
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Must be able to work on multiple simultaneous tasks with limited supervision. Ability to work effectively under pressure.
• Quick learner, motivated self-starter
• Excellent customer service, interpersonal, communication and team collaboration skills
• Able to follow change management procedures and internal guidelines. Able to work in a global team and in a multiple cultural environment.
• Local language (French and/or Dutch) + English (mandatory)