Application Specialist - NN Belgium
NN is a life insurance company with the greatest aspirations in Belgium. It doesn’t matter how different and unique people may be, everyone strives to live a long and happy life. We help people take care of what they really find important in life. As a life insurance company, we protect our customers by providing strong product solutions. And we support each and every Belgian in their search for happiness. With 1.6 million unique customers, 600 happy employees and an annual turnover of 1 billion euro, NN is part of a strong international group. That’s why we are delighted to welcome potential colleagues to NN who would like to have a positive impact on the lives of each of our customers!
What impact will you have as Application Specialist at NN?
Correct and timely communication. That’s what our customers rely on. And the tools that your colleagues use to make this happen tools are Transform and Engage One, which send the documents, letters and e-mails that our customers expect to receive from us. As Application Owner, you take ownership over these crucial applications. That way, you are helping to ensure a good customer experience.
You’ll be working in a small team, where there’s a good atmosphere and a healthy level of drive. You’ll be fulfilling the role of expert within this team. You’ll get to know Transform and Engage One through and through and will then put this new-found expertise to work in various ways:
- Working with an outside provider, Cegeka, you’ll develop new documents and new functionalities. You’ll also challenge them and make sure not only that things run smoothly, but also that we innovate in an agile manner.
- You’ll ensure integration with various other systems.
- If there’s an incident, you’ll find a solution for it: from a temporary workaround to a structural solution. To resolve each particular pinch point, you’ll find yourself diving into a code here, checking a configuration there, etc.
- You’ll take end users and business objectives into account with each solution or improvement you propose.
- You’ll monitor the various infrastructure and security tasks required for each project, including Life Cycle Management activities.
What do you have to offer as Application Specialist?
- As a result of your experience in application development and integration, you have strong technical knowledge of things such as Windows development, security and risks.
- You are able to communicate in a clear, convincing way with your colleagues, management and external suppliers. You can also adjust your style of communication to suit the person you are speaking to. But one thing is constant: when you’re talking about technical matters, everyone is able to understand.
- You learn quickly and easily and are happy to share your knowledge with others. And you like to keep abreast of trends so that you can propose innovations.
- Sometimes your job involves having to put fires out. This means being flexible when incidents occur so that a solution can be found quickly. You are also part of thinking with the business in the long term.
- You can work in English.
We will ask quite a lot of you, but you will get a great deal in return. What does NN have to offer you?
Care. Clear. Commit. NN provides a job that works for you.
NN needs people like you. People who are genuine and committed; people who are willing to give the best of themselves to our customers, bringing fresh ideas and the necessary drive to take the initiative. People who find our values logical and understandable. Any especially people with a unique personality that can make all the difference. So, just be yourself. That’s something we really appreciate at NN!
- You can count on a job with plenty of autonomy and lots of room for initiative. And because we’re agile in the way we work, you set your own working agenda to a large extent.
- You will receive an attractive salary, supplemented by fringe benefits that include:
group and hospitalisation insurance, meal vouchers and eco-vouchers, 20 days of holiday a year, plus 12 days of working time reduction leave.
- You will be given the opportunity to discover and grow your unique talents so that you can develop your career further.
There’s a whole range to choose from: personalised training programmes, workshops, coaching, on-the-job learning and so on.
- At NN we know very well how important wellbeing is! That’s why we focus on achieving a good work-life balance.
Working from home, flexible working and a fitness area with group classes are all there to make it easier for you to find the right balance.
- And to give your creative side a helping hand, we have also thought carefully about providing an enjoyable, totally refreshed working environment, located in bustling Brussels, literally right next to Brussels South station, where you can feel at home.