Ordina is the digital business partner that uses technology and market knowledge to give its customers an edge. We help our customers stay ahead of change through smart digital end-to-end solutions, sustainable software solutions and the design and management of IT landscapes.
As a Linux System Engineer, you help think about innovation and improvement! You put your shoulders to the wheel on challenging projects and closely follow the trends within your expertise. You are responsible for the management and maintenance of various Linux systems: configurations, installations, updates, backups, implementations, etc. In this way you come into contact with Red Hat, CentOs, Debian, Ubuntu, ...
Initiatives and ideas for further optimization are strongly encouraged here. You also get the space to continue to develop yourself and learn within your area of expertise.
Do you want to be part of a successful story? Then be sure to apply and who knows, you might join our team!
Where you're going to get started
The Hybrid Platforms practice within BPS (Business Platform Services) consists of infrastructure and architecture experts: hybrid systems engineers, network and security engineers, Linux consultants, cloud native engineers and cloud solution architects.
Our hybrid platforms teams help our clients with data center management and data center setup and maintenance. We offer on-premise and cloud solutions, both public and private. This is because we believe in a solution that fits our customers' unique context and business strategy. Often that is a healthy combination of cloud and on-premise.
This is you
- You have a bachelor's degree in IT or equivalent through experience
- You have at least 2 years of relevant experience in Linux system administration
- You have experience with: Debian, Ubuntu, Red Hat, CentOS, SUSE, ...
- You have knowledge of scripting and automation: Perl, PowerShell, Python, Bash, Ruby, PHP
- You are familiar with cloud platforms such as Azure and AWS
- LPIC or RHCSA certification is a plus
- You have knowledge of Windows servers and DevOps (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift)
- You are eager to learn and take a proactive approach
- You are passionate about your profession and follow the latest trends
- You are fluent in Dutch and English
- You contribute to challenging projects at top international and Belgian companies in diverse sectors
- You work in a high-tech environment with a focus on knowledge and innovation, an open no-nonsense business culture with space for personal initiative
- You keep your technical and social skills up to date at our Ordina Academy you are supported in obtaining certificates
- You receive a competitive salary package with additional benefits such as a company car, laptop, insurance package, luncheon vouchers, expense account etc.
- You can take part in fun business and team building activities