Deloitte is a world leading professional services firm, providing accounting and auditing services, management consulting and legal and tax advice. In Belgium we are the largest professional service provider. Our offices offer services to multi-national and large organisations, public institutions and innumerable small, fast-growing companies. Thanks to a strong regional presence and our multi-disciplinary approach, we are ideally placed to meet the requirements of a wide range of public institutions and small and large companies.
Our Risk Advisory practice is a global leader in helping clients manage risk and uncertainty from the boardroom to the network. We provide a broad array of services that allow our clients around the world to better measure, manage and control risk to enhance the reliability of systems and processes throughout their organization.
Our team consists of analytics professionals from different backgrounds: IT, business, finance and legal. We work across industry sectors on different kinds of analytics projects including
- Investigations with both a local and international reach in a broad range of issues: fraud, bribery and corruption, cross-border tax investigations and accounting misstatement;
- Development, operations and analysis of automated business process testing and KPI dashboards;
- Development and analysis of management dashboards and reports.
In anti-fraud projects, we assist clients to collect, preserve and analyze large and disparate data to support or refute the facts and allegations. We provide quantitative analytic solutions to find facts and answers in large and complex collections of transactional data, email or other electronic data and visualize the results in comprehensive and innovative dashboards.
Furthermore, in risk analytics, we combine our analytical, investigative and financial approach with advanced technologies and in-house solutions to offer value and insights into our clients' complex problems and business processes so they can take factual and evidence based management decisions.
As an Anti-Fraud & Risk Analytics Consultant, you will:
- Meet with the client to understand their needs and collaborate with them to find solutions;
- Work on the identification and analysis of evidence or transactional data, upon which the findings of the fraud investigation or risk analytics will be based;
- Collect, preserve and analyze large data sets, by extracting the data from large ERP systems and analyzing them through custom analytics scripts;
- Perform data analysis to find facts and process deficiencies;
- Develop tools, solutions and dashboards to answer client needs;
- Build up an understanding of the methodologies and technologies used in analytics.
As you become more senior, you will:
- Take charge of projects;
- Coach and lead teams;
- Review the work of junior team members;
- Grow into commercial, recruiting, and many other challenging roles;
- Practice and sharpen technical, business, people management, coaching, presentation, interview, and many other skills;
- Get in direct contact with the client’s upper management;
- Perform your own financial impact analysis and reporting.
- You have a affinities with IT and an interest in Finance, which means you can use existing technologies to autonomously perform your own data analysis;
- Good knowledge of SQL and databases;
- Some affinity with visualization tools is beneficial (Qlik, Tableau, …);
- You have strong communication skills, good business analysis skills and have a structured approach for solving problems;
- You are ambitious, creative, tenacious and entrepreneurial;
- You are open to travel up to 50% of your time;
- You are fluent in Dutch, French or German and English;
- You are seeking to develop your capabilities in the different areas of analytics.
What would make you stand out:
- Knowledge of C# (or other programming languages);
- Knowledge or R or Python;
- Knowledge of machine learning basics and/or statistical modelling;
- Working knowledge of reporting financial data through visualization tools or standard reports.
- You will receive opportunities to grow and expand your role, take part in highly autonomous teams and grow to new heights in a young, innovative and international environment.
Your educational background
You have a Bachelor in IT or Computer Sciences, a Master in Computer Sciences or a Master in Business Engineering, preferably with a major in Management Information Systems or Finance & Accounting. Strong affinity with IT and/or business processes is required.