Deloitte is a world leading professional services firm, providing accounting and auditing services, management consulting and legal and tax advice. In Belgium we are the largest professional service provider. Our offices offer services to multi-national and large organisations, public institutions and innumerable small, fast-growing companies. Thanks to a strong regional presence and our multi-disciplinary approach, we are ideally placed to meet the requirements of a wide range of public institutions and small and large companies.
Our Deloitte Services & Investments (DSI) organization is a service provider to the business units, enabling their work. Our expertise covers IT Services, Finance, Human Resources, Facilities & Procurement, Legal services, Marketing & Communications, Clients & Markets, as well as Risk services.
The IT Data & Business Analyst has extensive experience with functional analysis and standards. He is able to quickly get an understanding of a collection of business requirements and translate these into functional analysis documentation.
The IT Data & Business Analyst plays an important role in the Business Partnering process by ensuring business needs and IT execution remain aligned.
To ensure the accurateness and completeness of the application- lifecycle and landscape documents, the IT Data & Business Analyst works closely together with the entire internal IT department. The IT Data & Business Analyst also works together with the development team when it comes to defining the user interface.
Define configuration specifications and business analysis requirements
Perform quality assurance
Define reporting and alerting requirements
Own and develop relationship with business partners, working with them to optimize and enhance our integration
Report on common sources of technical issues or questions and make recommendations to product team
Constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve monitoring, discover issues and deliver better value to the customer
Communicate with stakeholders to understand their requirements
Develop and analyze functional specifications
Gather feedback from end users about system performance
Keep abreast of technology trends and developments
Creating and enforcing policies for effective data management
Formulating management techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data
Maintain and update documentation on IT-landscape and supported applications
Establish rules and procedures for data sharing with upper management, external stakeholders etc.
Support others in the daily use of data systems and ensure adherence to legal and company standards
Assist with reports and data extraction when needed
Monitor and analyze information and data systems and evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing them (new technologies, upgrades etc.)
Plan, structure and drive functional analysis work for a specific project;
Translate the needs voiced by the business into concepts, processes and functional specifications;
Structure functional specifications into user stories, use cases, scenario’s, activity diagrams, user interface specifications and business rules as appropriate;
Work closely in team with the Business to ensure full comprehension of business needs and priorities. Understand impact and value of expressed business needs and challenge the business if the latter are unclear;
Syncs regularly with other Functional Analysts and Development team to ensure coherence with other functional analysis work;
Support the business in development of business processes;
Facilitate Functional Analysis working sessions and review sessions.
- Has extensive experience functional modeling;
- Has experience working with agile methods and tools;
- Is able to structure functional specifications in a concise functional analysis document or user stories;
- Is able to think out of the box;
- Is able to facilitate working session or review sessions;
- Is able to work against deadlines;
- Is a teamplayer;
- Define configuration specifications and business analysis requirements
- Perform quality assurance
- Define reporting and alerting requirements
- Proven experience as data manager
- Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution etc.)
- Familiarity with modern database and information system technologies
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Access, Word etc.)
- An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Own and develop relationship with partners, working with them to optimize and enhance our integration
- Help design, document and maintain system processes
- Report on common sources of technical issues or questions and make recommendations to product team
- Communicate key insights and findings to product team
- Constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve monitoring, discover issues and deliver better value to the customer
- Proven experience as an IT Analyst
- Experience in project management
- Knowledge of databases, system security and troubleshooting
- Understanding of business practices
- Analytical mindset
- Problem-solving aptitude
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- English: Mastering Oral and Written Communication;
- Dutch and/or French: Proficient.
Education and experience
- University degree: preferably in Economics (inclusive ‘TEW’), IT or Engineering;
- Functional Analysis: minimum 2 years of experience