JTI is a leading international tobacco company with operations in more than 120 countries. We’re the global owner of world-renowned brands such as Winston, the number two cigarette brand in the world, and Camel (outside the US). Our global brands also include Mevius, LD and Natural American Spirit, and we manufacture the internationally recognized Logic e-cigarette brand and Ploom Tech, a major brand in the heated tobacco category.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, we employ over 27 000 people across the globe. We were recently awarded Global Top Employer for the third consecutive year and number one Top Employer certification in Europe, Asia and the Middle East. This is recognition of our outstanding talent strategy, energizing culture and commitment to learning and development.
We are a member of the Japan Tobacco Group of Companies. For more information visit
You will be responsible for the follow-up on all the NPD (New Product Development) processes defined in the Benelux organization. Main responsibilities are: data input in project management tools (PLM - Product Lifecycle Management, NPD database, etc), ensuring data accuracy, clarifying R&D/Supply chain function questions on new product developments, optimizing packaging related costs and write offs. You are also responsible to provide regular product and project information and distribute to key stakeholders.
Your daily tasks will entail:
- Project management and process coordination with the aim of increasing speed to market, reducing costs and optimizing quality. Scope: NPD, packaging and price change projects.
- Maintain the NPD databases up to date, including packaging material information from different factories and suppliers (packaging material stock management). This aims to faciliate information sharing and data input.
- PLM: input data in the Product Lifecycle Management tool
- Support brand teams and other stakeholders in performing operational NPD tasks. Support NPD manager and brand teams to deliver innovation projects aimed at optimizing costs and improving brand equity
- Oversee overall time management of NPD projects, following up with all key stakeholders to ensure that deadlines are reached and correct information is provided in line with the processe
- Perform operational tasks related to NPD management (EAN code database, overview of write offs and NTM stocks, project overviews etc.)
Which qualifications should you have?
In terms of experience, you should have a good (technical) experience in packaging development processes, coordination and practices as well as a working knowledge of the functioning of supply chain services. A university degree is required.
What skills are needed to perform this function well?
As this is a multinational company, the language we use in our day-to-day business is English for all written communication. Knowledge of French or Dutch would be an asset. Furthermore, when it comes to IT skills, you need to be an expert in Excel and good at PowerPoint. Knowledge of SAP is a plus.