Location: Brussels, Belgium
Company: British American Tobacco
Function: Exec & Corporate Services
Level: Experienced Professional
Appointment Type: Permanent
To manage proactively, effectively and efficiently all office management related activities at optimal cost in order to ensure a first-class facilities and other operational service that supports the business needs for the Belgian BAT company. This role reports to the HR Business Partner BeLux.
I. Key Accountabilities:
Facilities/Operations/ Professional/ Business
o Proactively manage all Facilities tasks and issues in an effective and efficient way within the agreed budgets, delegating execution to external suppliers ensuring adherence to high quality standards and customer satisfaction
o Manage and monitor all services provided to the business such as mail, corporate printing, logistics of Company meetings, reception, internal moves, day to day security of the building, cleaning and catering in a cost and time effective manner
o Ensure maintenance of the buildings is up to standard by supervising that timely maintenance works are executed by the selected provider. Ensure that working environment and its surroundings provide a safe, secure and pleasant workplace at all times
o Manage and monitor the company fleet by the supplier. Ensure the procedures are adhered to and the service rendered by Facilities department or selected provider is of a high-quality level
o Coordinate, check and manage the operational day to day business executed by the external suppliers (e.g. catering, cleaning, security) in order to ensure the level of service as agreed in a contract between BAT Belux and the supplier at all times
o Be the local prevention advisor which includes the following areas:
1. Ongoing risk analyses related to working environment based on which action plans can be created to improve health, well-being, prevention at work. Within this area, there is collaboration with EHS function in BAT as well as with the external prevention advisors.
a. Investigate and report in case of work accident/work related illness
b. Report monthly prevention activities to the prevention & safety committee
c. Support and advice in use of practical employment & protection tools - (desk/seats/…)
2. Legal reporting in scope of Safety at work
3. Support the Prevention & safety committee with monthly minuting and tracking of issues
o Manage full relocation projects: coordinate relocation issues with all functions and suppliers involved and organise relocations with minimum disruption to the business taking into account budget restrictions
o Supervise operation of Facilities suppliers to ensure that services rendered to internal customers are at an agreed quality level
o Plan, manage and control full Facilities budget
o Collaborate with Procurement department for all Facilities third party services
o Perform at the level “manage others” as defined by the BAT Leadership capabilities in order to act as a role model and contribute to the Winning Organisation.
o Initiate and recommend changes in policies of respective area aimed at reduction of overheads, maintaining costs at a minimum level, meeting company needs
o Lead proactive change in facilities processes, policies and procedures. Plan, develop and implement new ways of working to ensure the Facilities is ready to respond to any change of business need
o Benchmark the internal and external environment and apply innovative approaches in facilities operations to drive efficiency and high standards in performance
II. Secondary Accountabilities:
Part-time Personal Assistant HR, including Travel BATBEL (travel arrangements of employees, organisation of BAT events, organisation of specific visits as well as specific tasks for the HR Business Partner BeLux
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
· Bachelor degree or equal by experience
· 2 to 5 years’ experience in a facility/office manager role
· Understanding of Budgetary Control and procurement processes
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a skilled negotiator with suppliers
· Strong customer service oriented
· Initiative taking, self-starter with focus on continuous improvement
· Ability to work in a hectic, international organisation
· Ability to establish good internal and external relationships
· Good computer skills
· Fluent in Dutch, French is desirable but not essential & good English, spoken & written
· Experience in role of prevention advisor is a plus and have achieved at least a level 3 certificate or be interested in attending such a course
· Partner with HR to update office protocols and procedures
· Contact office vendors & service providers and negotiate prices
· Plan in-house or off-site activities such as team buildings, conferences, celebrations
British American Tobacco is one of the world’s leading multinational companies, with brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries.
We are proud that we are consistently among the top 5 companies on the London Stock Exchange.
Our portfolio includes our world-famous Global Drive Brands – Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Rothmans – along with many other leading international brands, such as Vogue, Peter Stuyvesant and State Express 555.
Alongside our traditional tobacco business, we are also developing products that offer consumers potentially less risky alternatives to regular cigarettes. Our Next Generation Products are already leading the way in the Industry of vapour and tobacco heating devices. We continue to develop a solid portfolio of consumer solutions which already include well known global brands like Vype, glo and Voke.