Young Professional 2019 - Junior Network Engineer
Proximus is the leading telecommunications company in Belgium and a market leader in a number of areas, including fixed-line telephony services, mobile communications services and broadband data and Internet services.
Within a multidisciplinary and dynamic network team (IP, MPLS, SD-WAN, security), you are co-responsible for the development of new network solutions for our professional customers. You work very closely with Product management, IT and suppliers to come to a "best in class" solution for our end customers. You also constantly follow new technological trends within the domain.
In concrete terms, your tasks are as follows:
* You analyse the technical feasibility of the "business" needs.
* You develop designs and test them in collaboration with other experts.
* You work very closely with other departments (IT, Operations, Process, etc.) to arrive at an unambiguous integrated solution.
* You document as much as possible and give the necessary training to the operational teams
* You support the operational services by solving complex problems.
* You follow the technological evolutions within the network domain and linked to this you define together with the business a roadmap for the future.
* You interact with our key vendors to guarantee the best products for our customers.
* You have a master's degree in computer science
* You are young and dynamic and willing to build up the necessary knowledge for the job in the short term.
* You have a "can do" mentality.
* You have experience with programming and a good knowledge of scripting languages.
* You are interested in IP/MPLS networks and developing new products on these networks.
* You have experience with the operational management of switching and routing in Juniper and Cisco. Avaya is an asset.
* Your personal qualities: sense of analysis and synthesis, sense of organisation, problem solver, customer orientation, customer orientation, result orientation, stress resistance, flexibility.
* You are Dutch and/or French-speaking and have a good knowledge of the second national language. You have a good knowledge of English.
* A varied and exciting job in a dynamic and pleasant working environment.
* A company that guarantees professional stability, a long-term vision, and projects that have an impact on people's daily lives and mobility.
* Personal development opportunities, through internal and external training, but also with long-term career opportunities.
* A quality, professional working environment and a competitive salary with fringe benefits such as meal vouchers, group and hospitalization insurance, …