International transportation company in Diegem is looking for a consultant I-Series (AS/400) software engineer for its I-Series Software
• standard 40 hours / week, Monday to Friday.
• working hours: flexible. The Belgian bank-holiday scheme applies.
• invoicing is related to the worked hours, based on activity logging. This results in a system produced time-sheet, to be attached to the invoice.
• contract duration: till 31/12/2019, with possibility of extension.
In an international environment, the software engineer will be integrated in the current development & support team, some 25 people strong.
The team develops and maintains in-house solutions for international transportation and customs declaration business requirements.
The software engineer will assume an application development & maintenance role reporting to a Software Solutions team leader.
Main task will be to investigate issues within the I-Series applications and/or be part of project teams developing new solutions.
• at least 5 years experience in software analysis & development on I-Series
• programming languages: thorough knowledge of SQL and RPG ILE (free) including
• knowledge of IBM Rational Developer and IBM Data Studio
• knowledge of XML
• knowledge of communication methods on I-Series : MQ series, FTP, DDM, IFS
• familiar with PC windows MS office
• knowledge representing an asset:
o RPG/400 or older
- Working in an international environment with challenging and inspiring clients
- Opportunities for personal and professional development