For a customer in the telecom sector, we are looking for a system engineer.
WHAT DO YOU TELL YOUR FRIENDS YOU DO?
As a System Engineer, you help the Customer to function efficiently by organizing and operating the IT-infrastructure.
You guarantee that the IT systems, ISP services and data center network are reliable, efficient and cost-effective. In this way, you help the Customer being a "best in class" virtual network operator.
HOW WILL YOU BE DOING THIS?
Mainly by being yourself and by doing what you are good at: You will bring your technical competencies to the table to take responsibility in:
- System and network management: You will develop and maintain the system and network infrastructures (Cisco switchboards and routers in the Customers data center), including monitoring and alarm services, according to the industry's best practices and procedures. You are able to make management recommendations to improve our current system and network infrastructures, with focus on minimizing operational costs.
- ISP management: You will design, implement and operate the Customers ISP infrastructure, which includes Mail, Radius and DNS services.
- Office automation: As part of the “internal IT”-team, you will implement and operate the Customer's office automation infrastructure, consisting of Microsoft servers (AD, Exchange), Desktops/laptops, Print infrastructure andPBX/callcenter infrastructure.
- You will help develop and maintain procedures and guidelines for the creation and maintenance of the above services and infrastructures in accordance with industry best practices. You have experience with documenting in relevant design and implementation documents.
- You provide operational IT support to your colleagues and are one of the members in our 24/7 standby team. You act as "third liner" for operational problems with the network, the internal IT and at ISP level. You love to learn and in your turn, share your own experience with the IT team. You are an independent team player who communicates smoothly and likes to help others.
WHAT WE HAVE WORKED ON RECENTLY
A new IT architecture and roadmap has been drawn up that will be implemented in the next couple of years. The renewal of our entire legacy systems landscape and replacement by a core BSS is the first step in preparing the Customer -from an infrastructure point of view - for a longer-term exciting “data intelligent” future. If you come on board soon, you can witness and contribute to the launch of our new system.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Technical skills matter!
Years of experience is not what counts most. We are looking for someone who is “cut from the right wood”.
If you are the candidate we are looking for, you meet the following wish list:
- You are smart and have some way to prove it (e.g., you have an educational background in Computer Science or IT Engineering).
- You know the technical (im)possibilities of:
o Microsoft: Active Directory (GPO), Windows Server, Terminal Services, SCCM
o Linux: Oracle Linux/CentOS
o Networking: Cisco, Firewall, WAF, Loadbalancing, PKI &SSL/TLS, VPN, VoIP services, Internet protocols (DNS, Http/Https, SMTP/IMAP, Radius)
o Storage: SAN networks (iSCSI/Fiberchannel), backup & recovery
o Virtualization: VMWare
o Oracle-knowledge is a plus.
- We want someone reliable, ethic, who is a fast learner, a pro-active problem-solver and can work in team as well as independently.
- Flexibility is key! You are prepared to participate in a 24/7 on-call system and to work outside normal office hours.
- To communicate easily with the rest of the team, you speak one of both national languages fluently (Dutch or French) and are good in English.