Our Customer is a Telecom & ICT company operating in Belgium and on the international markets, providing services to consumers, businesses and the public sector.
Their advanced interconnected fixed and mobile networks offer access anywhere and anytime to digital services and data, as well as to a broad offering of multimedia content.
They invest in future-proof networks and innovative solutions, creating the foundations for sustainable growth.
Currently they are looking for a Big Data Engineer.
As part of the Usage eXperience Analytics team, you support data scientists and work closely with the source domain teams to provide data that is accurate, congruent and reliable. This to provide our stakeholders with insights and reporting about the customers' experience of the TV and internet services.
- You work with Data scientists to understand the service domain needs and translate these requirements into robust and scalable data solutions.
- You complete and structure the data that data scientists need to perform their tasks
- You identify with the service domains of TV and Internet new data sources and make sure they become available in the DataLake.
- You are proactively searching for possible improvements in our codebase, structure or pipelines.
- You troubleshoot reported data loads or reconciliation inconsistencies
- You ensure adherence to the Custeroms processes, policies and standards and document your work
- You work on highly complex and cross-functional use cases, using data in different formats and from various platforms
- You implement tools and frameworks for automating report generation and identification of data-quality issues
- You create scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation, and model implementation
Degree & Experience:
- Academic degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering... or equivalent work experience with specialized training/certification
- 5+ years of experience supporting or working with Big Data/Data Warehousing environments
- Strong knowledge of Big Data tools and technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Spark...)
- Good experience in coding in SCALA and Python and knowledge of code versioning and CI/CD pipelines.
- Knowledge of data streaming and batch processing technologies (Kafka, NiFi...)
- Knowledge of log collection (ex. SyslogNG) and API frameworks is a plus.
- General knowledge of Linux / Windows server, networking, firewalls...
- Great sense of precision
- You are dynamic, flexible and proactive
- Team player and good communicator
- Positive & constructive mindset
- Able to work independently and manage own time effectively
Good knowledge of English and Dutch and/or French