Description: The team of NBU/NSP/MSO is responsible for the mobile access network, the follow up and steering of specific engineering, design, operational management, roll-out and maintenance of the mobile access network operationally executed by the joint-venture. The MSO-team is giving directions based on business and strategic requirements and close follow-up of quality and technical evolution of the mobile network.
As Solution Engineer Network Demand and Service Engineering (Design Function), you’re responsible for:
• Being a central point of contact for all high-level mobile network design aspects, in other words being the interface between stakeholders in translating the requirements into clear demands for mobile access network development and deployment in terms of coverage, capacity (traffic), products and services (Network Development Plan).
• The management of the Network Development Plan, containing all requirements, in line with the allocated budget and conform with the fair Capex distribution and Opex allocation (maintenance, power consumption, ...).
• Support in the definition of the strategic roadmap for the mobile access network based upon business requirements, differentiation possibilities and vendor information.
• Translation of the strategy for the mobile access part into a detailed Capex and Opex plan.
• Steering and negotiation with stakeholders (and sometimes Nokia) to land into the most joint efficient and performing plan.
• Definition and management of the standalone network with the respect of the financial and commercial objectives with focus on capacity and quality, aligned with the Aurora project (RAN sharing with OBE).
• Preparation of the various related business cases.
• Support other departments in their analysis related to mobile access investments.
• The support in sourcing files in writing specifications, vendor interactions, analysis and final vendor selection, depending on the sourcing model selection.
• The challenging of design rules applied as well as the proposition of alternative rules and opportunities to differentiate the company and having better end to end customer experience.
Your technical profile:
• Master in Telecommunications or Electronics or equivalent by experience.
• An experience of 10 to 15 years in the radio access domain is required.
• You’ve a very good knowledge of the radio access network and the interworking with the voice and data core service platforms. Knowledge on the RAN vendors Nokia & Huawei is an advantage.
• Excellent knowledge of 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G and practical experience in the design of these technologies and their evolution is a must.
• The knowledge of fixed technologies used for mobile network backhauling and backbone, as well as the organisation and functioning is an advantage.
• The knowledge on surrounding systems like SON (Self Organising Networks), OSS (Operational Support Systems), FWA, and slicing (especially for 5G) is interesting.
• Knowledge of Nokia Radio access technology is more than welcome.
Your competency profile:
Following competencies have been identified as the most important:
• You can work together in teams and with people of all levels. You’ve a positive team spirit.
• You can work in a constructive & diplomatic approach giving efficient collaborations with vendors and other members.
• You can assimilate the companies strategy and translate it into a realistic plan.
• You can defend the requirements towards others in good relationship leading to excellent customer experience.
• You are good at generating new creative ideas and original solutions, which are strategic & cost efficient and differentiate from other mobile operators in a positive way.
• You take initiatives and systematically drive for results. You’ve a positive attitude.
• You anticipate the needs of our internal and external customers and work in a pro-active approach.
• You are quality minded, and you strive to create efficient work processes.
• You can timely and effectively inform people. You have excellent presentation skills.
• You can learn quickly, and you can understand and solve problems efficiently.
• Be fluent in English (written and spoken) and be able to express himself/herself in French and/or Dutch is an advantage.