Domain IT Lead Finance & Data - NN Belgium
NN is a life insurance company with the greatest aspirations in Belgium. It doesn’t matter how different and unique people may be, everyone strives to live a long and happy life. We help people take care of what they really find important in life. As a life insurance company, we protect our customers by providing strong product solutions. And we support each and every Belgian in their search for happiness. With 1 million unique customers, 500 happy employees and an annual turnover of 1 billion euro, NN is part of a strong international group. That’s why we are delighted to welcome potential colleagues to NN who would like to have a positive impact on the lives of each of our customers!
What impact will you have as Domain IT Lead Finance & Data at NN?
NN Belgium is looking for Domain IT Leads for our IT organization with a passion for driving IT change, while ensuring flawless service of existing solutions. The Domain IT lead will focus on how to deliver new integrated digital solutions for an NN business domain, starting from the existing installed base and leveraging an appealing IT Strategy and architectural runway.
An IT domain consists of multiple scrum teams and is responsible for an end-to-end business chain of multiple applications.
- Bear the responsibility for cost-efficient IT delivery within your business domain, end-to-end: from request to architecture, development, change and maintenance
- Prepare and align the future IT Vision, Strategy and Architecture for the related business domain. Closely work together with the Domain Product Owner to get a good understanding of business requirements and priorities (the what and when)
- Build a comprehensive IT roadmap to arrive at a cutting-edge, value driven IT landscape for your business domain
- Demonstrate leadership in a business oriented IT domain to organize transformation initiatives and ensure end-to-end services for existing and new IT solutions
- Act as a servant leader in planning and coordinating the delivery of services and business results by IT and business professionals in your scrum teams. In collaboration with the scrum masters, you monitor the capacity, performance, productivity and quality of services provided.
- With a view on the overall strategy, keep a close eye on value creation for your business domain and ensure that commitments are respected
- Collaborate with peers and co-workers that deal with security, architecture and operations to guide and support you in this journey
- Set and monitor meaningful targets, KPI’s and metrics to assess the “performance” of applications and the services of your agile teams. Support your teams in their efforts to continuously improve quality and focus on business assurance and value creation
- Guide your fellow Domain colleagues in creating a company-wide IT landscape that is capable to support NN Belgium’s business strategy
Report to the IT SW Engineering Manager (owning the IT budget for your business Domain), and collaborate with the People Leads for sourcing matters and people development
What do you have to offer as Domain IT Lead Finance & Data?
• At least 10 years working experience in a complex IT development and support environment
• A relevant Master degree or equivalent
• Extensive knowledge and experience with agile delivery methods
• Strong communication skills that allow you to positively influence and convince team members, and business stakeholders at all levels
• A proven experience in application integration and IT transformation challenges
• Knowledge and affinity with the insurance sector
• An eagerness to learn from others and an appetite to share your knowledge
• Proficiency in English, French and Dutch, spoken and written
- Recognized as a passionate IT professional with a keen eye on the delivery of working business solutions, backed by a good level of technical knowledge (technology, IT platforms, LCM, architecture, connectivity, security & risk) about your domain
- Doing the extra mile for customers and users, because you care
- Resourceful to inspire and motivate others to grow and improve own (and team) performance on a continuous basis
- A reliable sparring partner for business Product Owners to establish and communicate a joined backlog of features and enablers
- Interested to learn about new trends and technologies, and you ensure you keep your knowledge up-to-date
- Familiar with heading several teams, and you apply modern leadership skills to create a rewarding environment for the IT and business professionals in your Domain
We will ask quite a lot of you, but you will get a great deal in return. What does NN have to offer you?
Care. Clear. Commit. NN provides a job that works for you.
NN needs people like you. People who are genuine and committed; people who are willing to give the best of themselves to our customers, bringing fresh ideas and the necessary drive to take the initiative. People who find our values logical and understandable. Any especially people with a unique personality that can make all the difference. So, just be yourself. That’s something we really appreciate at NN!
- You will receive an attractive salary, supplemented by fringe benefits that include:
group and hospitalisation insurance, meal vouchers and eco-vouchers, 20 days of holiday a year, plus 12 days of working time reduction leave.
- You will be given the opportunity to discover and grow your unique talents so that you can develop your career further.
There’s a whole range to choose from: personalised training programmes, workshops, coaching, on-the-job learning and so on.
- At NN we know very well how important wellbeing is! That’s why we focus on achieving a good work-life balance.
Working from home, flexible working and online sport lessons are all there to make it easier for you to find the right balance.
- And to give your creative side a helping hand, we have also thought carefully about providing an enjoyable, totally refreshed working environment, located in bustling Brussels, literally right next to Brussels South station, where you can feel at home.