Apart from its position as world leader, AXA is a major Belgian banking and insurance partner. Close to three million customers trust us at every important moment in their lives: buying a home and growing their business, or road accidents and deaths of loved ones. Whatever happens, we are and will always be there with them in this perpetually changing world. AXA has a global turnover of 92 billion euros in 59 countries.
* Diversity is important at AXA: Whoever you are, it’s your talents that make the difference.
We need you:
As part of the reorganisation of IT management activities and monitoring of Life Corporate applications and projects, we are looking for an IT Solution Manager. To provide the analysis, execution of the development, testing, maintenance and changes in computer applications in accordance with existing standards (in terms of time, quality, scope, budget, inter-departmental and business relations); co-ordinate and manage the activities of a Solution Design, Build & Test team, in order to achieve, from an operational point of view, the sustainability, quality and efficiency goals and development of employees.
As a Product Lead, your tasks will be to:
- Define objectives and results expected from the team, communicate and monitor them, evaluate co-workers and participate in their recruitment, in order to guarantee an effective team.
- Coach, motivate and support members of his team in order to manage and develop their competences, their skills and their know-how as best as possible and guarantee the efficient functioning of the team and individual development.
- Position yourself as point of contact between the team and other units to ensure the team has the relevant information, to help them make decisions and consolidate the partner image.
- Supervise and organise the activities of employees in accordance with priorities and their individual skills, provide them with the necessary tools and an optimum working context, in order to offer a level of service that responds to the demands of internal clients within set timescales.
- Anticipate risks and intervene if necessary in the guidelines to be followed under the analysis, development or tests, in compliance with the methodology and procedures to achieve fixed goals.
- Stimulate and structure the exchange of information, knowledge and expertise within the team and in cross-disciplinary fashion in order to consolidate individual know-how and improve the quality of the service provided.
- Attend meetings with internal (users, other divisions, etc.) and external (providers of external services) contacts, negotiate autonomously and take a position as a reference person in your field of expertise, to ensure optimum cooperation with the external partners and the definition of projects matching the needs of the organisation.
- Contribute to team activities and act as a mentor to provide your support.
- Deal with and follow up malfunctions in order to guarantee service quality that complies with quality and computer security standards of the organisation.
As a Product Lead, you have:
- A masters in IT preferably with experience in the Corporate Life field;
- A minimum of three years' relevant experience in life insurance;
- Experience managing a team;
- Knowledge of mainframes;
- A good knowledge of the technical vocabulary in your field activity in the second national language and in English.
You can also:
- Encourage your team, guiding it to successful conclusions and creating a context that encourages taking initiatives and risks;
- Be an effective go-between for innovation and change and you stimulate your co-workers in proposing, arguing, defending and executing new ideas successfully;
- Be the force that drives customer focus and you stimulate and advise your co-workers on developing their customer focus;
- Help your colleagues to acquire new knowledge, approaches or practices in the light of new problems or contexts;
- Encourage discussions and stimulate your colleagues to share and help each other;
- Encourage and promote the expression of new ideas and take inspiration from this to move internal practices forward.
- From your first day (and during the following weeks), you will enjoy intensive support so that you will soon find your feet among us.
- We believe in the New Way of Work. As soon as you have proven yourself, you will in fact be free to choose your working hours yourself, even working part-time from home. Given that you will not have an official office, you will often be surrounded by different colleagues and will weave an extensive internal network.
- It is important to us to offer you all possible leeway to evolve and build your career within Axa. All job offers (and therefore this one also) are communicated in-house initially.
- We shall supplement your salary with valuable benefits using a self-service model. You will therefore build up your remuneration yourself by choosing from a wide range of possibilities: mobility benefits, reduction on our banking and insurance products, child care during the school holidays, etc.
- You will enjoy group insurance, disability and hospitalisation insurance and accident cover.
- We actively apply a welfare-related internal policy which will help you to remain in good health.
And, of course, you will work with many charming colleagues in a pleasant atmosphere.