Deloitte is a world leading professional services firm, providing financial advisory, real estate, management consulting, accounting and auditing services and legal & tax advice. In Belgium we are the largest professional service provider. Our offices offer services to multi-national and large organisations, public institutions and innumerable small, fast-growing companies. Thanks to a strong regional presence and our multi-disciplinary approach, we are ideally placed to meet the requirements of a wide range of public institutions and small and large companies.
Our Financial Advisory (FA) activity is primarily involved at a strategic level in mergers & acquisitions, in transaction services such as due diligence, and in business valuations and business modeling.
Deloitte Real Estate is part of the Deloitte Financial Advisory (Corporate Finance/M&A) Business Unit, which is primarily involved at a strategic level in mergers & acquisitions, in transaction services such as due diligence, and in business valuations and business modeling.
Deloitte Real Estate is delivering professional services in the areas of Real Estate corporate finance, strategic consulting, transaction support and structuring, financial modeling, assistance to project development, financing, location strategy, asset management and occupation services. We are serving over 70% of top 50 investors, developers and construction contractors as well as property users and public sector, and our business grows rapidly.
At Deloitte Real Estate we provide a Valuation Service that is differentiated from ‘traditional’ real estate valuation houses and leverages both the breadth of Deloitte expertise and adds quality and insight to our clients’ challenges. In real estate, any strategic decision starts with, and is supported by, the valuation of the underlying asset(s) or project(s), consequently valuing property is at the core of our daily business. Besides the more traditional valuation work for investors, owners and developers, a lot of the valuation work is done within the framework of other assignments such as Real Estate strategic advisory to large public and private owners and assistance to our Audit, Tax, Legal and Corporate Finance teams.
Work you’ll do
• You’ll develop tailored valuation models allowing in-depth scenario analysis for large scale development projects
• You’ll leverage on your own and on the Deloitte network to grow the valuation business
• You’ll act as a SPOC within Deloitte for all questions concerning real estate valuations
• You’ll act as a sounding board on values and market parameters to your colleagues
• You’ll manage, coach and work closely with the analysts of the valuation team
• You’ll standardize and automate the valuation process for straightforward valuation assignments
• You’ll deliver, discuss and present the valuation outcomes to colleagues, clients and third parties
• You have minimum 5 years’ experience in the Belgian Real Estate market
• You have minimum 2 years’ practical experience as a valuer
• You have a Master degree in financial and/or economic studies (or equivalent by experience)
• You are able to analyze financial, accounting and tax implications of real estate transactions and advise clients on complex valuation issues
• You are able to articulate valuation findings and opinions succinctly towards clients
• You are able to manage and grow a team under partner supervision
• You’ll create opportunities to drive impact; You’ll anticipate client needs and deliver superior results by leveraging each person’s strengths to build high performing teams across businesses and borders
• You demonstrate strong work ethics and a hard working, enthusiastic approach
• You act as a role model and you inspire others to embrace and live our purposes and values
• You have solid communication, writing and presentation skills
• You are a team player
• You are fluent in English, Dutch and French
• You demonstrate good knowledge of PC applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• You have a RICS membership or on route thereof
• Financial Modelling skills and/or knowledge of Argus Valcap are considered an advantage.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programmes at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people and for society, and make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, managers across our organization:
• Develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
• Deliver exceptional client service, maximize results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
• Influence clients, teams and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
• Understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, align people to objectives and set priorities and direction
Benefits & what’s in it for you
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
• You’ll be regarded as a key specialist, where your advice and output is considered as real added value by your colleagues and clients
• You’ll work in the multidisciplinary real estate team of around 20 people that have architecture, civil engineer, geography, legal and economic backgrounds and that come from both within the real estate market (brokers, developers, investors) and from consultancy firms
• You’ll be part of a high performance M&A Corporate Finance team of 100 Consultants and Partners
• You’ll work in a company, deeply committed to your personal development, offering clear career growth opportunities and continuous learning programmes
• You’ll have the possibility to quickly develop your leadership skills, and be given the opportunity to coach and nurture your colleagues who are ambitious, highly educated and have great team spirit
• You’ll often work in multidisciplinary and international teams on projects where you have a genuine impact on a client situation
• You’ll be based in the new Deloitte headquarters on the Brussels Airport runway, but have the opportunity to work from home thanks to our flexible way of working.
• You’ll receive attractive remuneration package with fringe benefits
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organisation that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity and positive change.