As Project Manager you plan, monitor and manage internal projects from initiation through completion, according to the departmental business objectives, translating these objectives into concrete deliverables.
We are looking for a Project Manager who will:
- Be the bridge between two strategic programs and effectively working cross program. Reporting and escalations will take place at a cross program steerco level with executive participation and SLT level attention.
- Day to day reporting to program managers and key stakeholders across the 2 programs, in order to ensure delivery coherency across programs running different phases and specific challenges, while having full support from senior leadership team to make the delivery a success
Key Roles & Responabilities:
- Translate a scope into deliverables, solution and planning
- Managing Project Delivery, steer cross functional teams towards deliverables. Manage dependencies within the Project and with other initiatives.
- Risk Management
- Lead the project team to define different scenarios and solutions, taking into account multiple constraints and opinions/visions.
- Stakeholder management (including change & conflict management, expectation mgmt. & aligment up to LT level)
- Managing the Business case, Budget Management and Resourcing
- Stakeholder management and conflict management are crucial skills
- Being able to participate in detailed & complex discussions, understanding technical challenges, and at the same time keep a clear helicopter view on the bigger picture
- Understanding and applying the plannings across both programs in your deliveries, as well as identifying and solutioning problems with the active support from both programs
- Experience in working with different cultures, in a mix of onsite people and offshore people localised across the world
- Proven track record of working in difficult circumstances on high-visibility topics
- Experience with JIRA / Confluence is a +
PM must understand the business, industry and corresponding technology. Besides Telecom knowledge, ICT knowledge is required too as lot of projects need IT adaptations or are dealing with deploying of applications.
Knowledge must make it possible:
- to identify impact and stakeholders in the organisation,
- to lead the teams to define and build optimal solutions taking into account different expectations,
- to challenge each of the impacted teams, solutions & plans,
- to identify dependencies and conflicts between different projects.
- Experience of the entire project/application lifecycle, especially with regard to delivery, testing, default resolution and recognised development methodologies according to structured project management methodologies
- A good understanding of the company’s organization and corresponding roles is needed as projects have links and stakeholder involvement with finance, purchasing, business, legal, IT,…
Must guide the teams to build possible options and scenario’s with respect to business case, technical solutions, Project approach etc. in situations with :
- Known technology & business processes
- Solutions must be build on assumptions, which can change.
- Many conflicts of interests
- High time pressure, high expectations to deliver very quickly.
Sparring partner for the key experts/professionals in the team and stakeholders.
Particular workstreams in the Project can be managed by an associate PM under the supervision of the Project Manager.
- Stakeholder management and perception management
- Excellent influencing skills & negotiation skills.
- Ability to align cross functional stakeholders
- Abillity to build trust, and an open and transparent working climate
- High “get it done“ & mobilization capabilities