For our customer we’re looking for a talented Modern Workplace Engineer.
In the first place we’re looking for candidates with the “Anankei DNA”.
Our DNA embodies a positive and joyful attitude.
Dream IT , Trust IT, Go for IT !
The Modern Workplace Engineer will be responsible for ongoing management, maintenance and support of the global endpoints and the associated workplace landscape.
This role is attached to a new Modern Workplace technical competency centre and you will work under the supervision of the Modern Workplace Technical Manager to implement end point user device strategy, as defined by the Modern Workplace Solution Architect.
This is a global role working to help in the delivery and adoption of the Modern Workplace at our client.
Following this you will collaborate with a team of multi-national colleagues as part of a central competency centre, working to support IT Service Delivery teams in each of the client's operating companies, with responsibility towards all aspects of endpoint management.
- Maintenance and administration of the workplace environment back-end systems (Intune/Azure/SCCM/Adaptiva)
- Administration of resultant client-facing configuration and services being provided to users (Win10/VPN/Hello for Business)
- Deployment of PC systems (Autopilot) and mobile devices (Apple DEP / Android ZTE) from the cloud
- Configuration of all of managed endpoints (PC and mobile), ensuring their security, operability, usability, and health
- Management and creation of Application packages (Win32/apps), in a co-managed environment
- Maintenance of the application catalogues (Intune/SCCM) and managed stores (Windows/Apple/Google), including coordinated deployments
- System and application patching (WSUS/SCCM), and monitoring of estate security compliance (Defender/ATP)
- Windows-as-a-Service (Win10) ‘evergreen’ lifecycle management, using analytics tools (Juriba)
- As BMW is an evolving platform, you must be able to proactively engage with the business and wider IT community, to incorporate feedback and make appropriate improvement suggestions or innovations
- Assist in escalated support issues and offer advice towards colleagues and service teams
- Good experience of Windows 10 system administration, mobile device management, OS deployment, device configuration, content delivery, endpoint security and follow-me printing
- Ability to maintain a broad knowledge of all the systems and capability to work on interchanging duties and tasks. Specialisms in one or more fields will be possible, but the capability to assist in all technologies is expected
- Hands on experience with co-managed and hybrid environment, both in the cloud and on-prem, adopting modern management techniques where possible
- Confident understanding of key technologies from Microsoft 365, including: Endpoint Manager (Intune & SCCM co-management), WSUS, Autopilot, and basic elements of Azure AD / Active Directory
- Good familiarity with underlying Windows 10 or iOS/Android Operating Systems and devices
- Other desirable vendor/product knowledge includes: Adaptiva OneSite (content delivery), Apple DEP / Android ZTE (mobile provisioning), Juriba Dashworks (evergreen lifecycle) and Canon Uniflow (printing)
- Knowledge of application package types such as MSI, MST, MSP, EXE, MSIX, INTUNEWIN, and associated software distribution automation
- Some supporting basic scripting knowledge, such as PowerShell, and exposure to Windows Registry or WMI
- To facilitate content distribution and mobile working, you should also have some foundational knowledge or experience of networking and corporate WAN environments
The right candidates should demonstrate technical competency, pragmatic thinking, practical experience and able to adopt high professional standards.
In a fast-changing landscape, the candidate should be innovative and able to make recommendations for improvement.
Good communication skills are essential, with an ability to collaborate both with IT colleagues and end-users.
Writing skills are also required, to aid with documentation creation.
Who ware we looking for ?
- Good technical experience with the core technologies listed above
- Strong understanding of endpoint configuration and management
- Practical experience managing and delivering endpoint solutions
- A good understanding of end—user technologies
- Fluency in English is required (written and verbal)