Our Customer is a Telecom & ICT company operating in Belgium and on the international markets, providing services to consumers, businesses and the public sector.
Their advanced interconnected fixed and mobile networks offer access anywhere and anytime to digital services and data, as well as to a broad offering of multimedia content.
They invest in future-proof networks and innovative solutions, creating the foundations for sustainable growth.
Description: For the Middleware Architecture team they are looking for a Senior Middleware Architect having good experience in integration problematic
Our client has implemented since long time a Service Oriented Architecture that has evolved to a “Business Services” approach offering standardized APIs per functional block respecting a corporate data model and functional separation of concern.
Our platforms are evolving from old OLTP and ESB architecture to API Management platform and, more and more, to cloud integration.
We become also specialized in specific security gateways implementation to secure our APIs toward internet access.
We have a well-established process to evaluate project needs and to implement an API governance allowing the company to have a high level of re-use of our APIs.
We work closely in collaboration with our Enterprise Architect to respect the overall enterprise architecture.
We recently started also a more closed collaboration with our Process Architects and we start putting in place same kind of framework for process governance and it’s relations to API on top of process engines.
We have implemented a “Business Factory Process”, supported by governance tools, design tools, trainings, and support organization during the last 6 years. This process is currently revisited to cope with the requirements of our new Functional Architecture and Process Architecture Multiple new projects are starting to use this architecture and expect a peak of workload in the coming months to integrate new security aspects in our governance process and to support multiple key business and internal projects.
In this scope, you will be integrated in a middleware architect’s team.
- Support Project Architects in their solution design to properly identify the APIs to be implemented respecting our defined standards and architecture principle
- Participate to intake process to evaluate and estimate integration needs for projects.
- Support a community of SME (subject matter expert) that maintain our canonical model
- Actively participate to the governance process to validate proposed services with other team members
- Define requirements for tooling improvement (for API design, governance and security), follow up of tool implementation, and test new versions.
- Potentially play partially the role of product owner to drive governance tooling improvement project
- You will help the service designer and service analyst to properly implement their APIs based on tooling that we provide. This through training/coaching session and/or real hands-on support with them
- You might participate to new standard setup like potential evolution of our internal APIs toward TMF Open API standard.
- You will bring your experience to the rest of the team for the evolution of our Middleware platform, defining strategies, evaluating eventually new tools & solutions A future evolution to middleware on the cloud might become part of our future strategy.
- Strong knowledge of integration solutions and integration patterns
- Good understanding of SOA architecture, ESB architecture, API Management
- Good knowledge of middleware integration platforms
- Good experience in Telco processes
- Experience with TMForum and SID model
- Experience in solution design, process modelling, functional analysis of complex process
- Good understanding of Security problematic for APIs (MTLS, Oauth, IAM, etc…)
- Very good communication skills
- Able to manage complex meeting and conflictual situations
- Able to work under pressure and stress
- Able to do hands on for POC or for supporting development teams in their day to day integration needs
- Good in English speaking and writing (French and Dutch optional)