Anankei is looking for an experienced SCOM expert.
You'll join the 'production' team, wich consists of 7 people.
In 2018, the team successfully implemented a SCOM (current branch) infrastructure for monitoring 800 Windows servers. This infrastructure uses the Squared Up dashboarding solution to visualize monitoring data for the various IT teams within MLOZ.
In 2019-2020, the same team aimed to use the same technologies to pilot the implementation of monitoring and alerting infrastructure and back-end applications running on Linux.
For this last mentioned we are looking for a Senior System Engineer experienced in SCOM technologies and in particular in the writing and adaptation of specific management packs for business applications developed in-house .
This person will be working closely with two Windows engineers currently involved in this project.
In 2021, the ISeries AS400 backend was integrated in SCOM using a 3rd party management pack.
Numerous other monitoring tools were decommissioned and integrated into SCOM.
Primary Tasks and responsibilities:
• Development of an SCOM management packs for in-house developed applications using Visual Studio Authoring Extensions.
• Installation, configuration and maintenance of the management pack or add-on for the tools below to integrate with the SCOM platform:
o Nice (DB2)
o E-view (Iseries)
• Creating integration flows with the ticketing tool Jira (product Atlassian), to automatically convert certain alerts into tickets.
• Creation and improvement of Squared Up dashboards.
• Provide frequent knowledge transfer to teams (Production & Wins Teams)
Secondary Tasks and responsibilities:
• Quality assurance Document & reporting
• Solve problems and issues
• Constant evolvement conducted in lessons learned after each milestone achieved
• Put in practice the improvement actions and good practices of software development
Technical Profile Requirements:
• Expert knowledge of SCOM
• Very good knowledge of SquaredUp dashboarding tool
• Expert knowledge in setting up, configuring and managing daily operations via SCOM
• Very good knowledge in development of SCOM management packs.
• Ability to define technical and non-technical monitoring requirements.
• Broad understanding of infrastructure and application technologies
Non-technical Profile Requirements:
• You have the ability to work in a transversal way with a team of 80 horizon engineers and very broad skills (Windows, Linux, iSeries, DB2, IIB, ...)
• You are able to handle multiple tasks by managing priorities and deadlines
• Ability to identify and implement process and/or application improvements
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Quick learner, motivated self-starter
• Excellent customer service, interpersonal, communication and team collaboration skills
• Master Degree in Computer Science OR equivalent through experience. Advanced course work in technical systems plus continued education in technical disciplines is preferred
• FR and NL : knowledge of the national languages is a must
• ENG : knowledge of the English language is important but lack of knowledge is not a barrier