Our Customer in the telco business, is currently looking for a Senior Project Manager Epic Owner.
WHAT IS THE ROLE?
The Epic Owner plans and steers implementation of large and complex IT development initiatives across different teams (business and/or technical) within budget, in line with continuous delivery practices and to the desired outcome.
He / she sets up effective collaboration and communication between all stakeholders, according to agile governance principles.
He / she is responsible for the planning and steering the implementation of epics with impact on multiple (enabling) tribes.
Establish e2e delivery plan for epics/features:
- Align release planning with involved teams considering effort estimates and capacity.
- Propose appropriate delivery slices and release slots, favoring frequent releases.
- Communicate planning and commitment to all stakeholders.
Steer implementation & manage risks:
- At all times, maintain clear view on epic timelines and risks.
- Bring risks and proposed solution to relevant stakeholders and ceremonies for swift action.
- Communicate status to all relevant stakeholders.
- Manage epic budget, follow-up on expenses and prepare Capex releases.
- Verify if necessary steps are or have been taken for compliancy with financial, security, privacy governance…
- Ensure with stakeholders if appropriate change management plan exists.
WHAT ARE THE CURRENT CHALLENGES?
- The methodology is in continuous transformation to Agile methodology. We expect the contractor being able to work in an Agile environment and to support the transformation.
- The contractor is working within a large team with significant turn-over (back-log, high workload, high expectations, high visibility). We expect the contractor to take initiatives and to be able to manage pressure.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Assignment of long duration and access to high diversity of epics and lots of opportunities,
- Access to an innovative and stimulating environment (always new technologies), stimulating, being part of the transformation.
- Being part of an Epic Owners team and of the company culture.
- Training on the Customers methodology.
DEGREE & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 10 years proven experience as dedicated Project Manager in complex environments.
- Experience in the Telco industry is a plus.
- Clear oral and written communication on technological and commercial matters, also to executive audiences.
- Experience with IT project management, requiring coordination between multiple teams/domains.
- Maintain helicopter-view with sufficient technical knowledge and anticipate potential issues.
- Ability to plan ahead in function of available resources and dependencies.
- Experience with working in large organizations and bridge business and technical departments
- Experience with Agile way of working.
- Familiar with MS Office Tools : Teams, Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Able to manage all types of projects, business and technical.
- Solution oriented, stress resistant and performing well under tight deadlines
- Stakeholder management: effectively facilitate complex stakeholder negotiations and trade-offs.
- Assertivity and ability to deal with ambiguity and handle conflicts (interpersonal skills, diplomacy, serene debate).
- Facilitate large meetings, workshops, and presentations to senior management
- Work autonomously and prioritize own time when working on multiple tasks for multiple teams.
- Proactivity on issues & risks and strongly results driven.
- A strong sense of urgency and capacity to prioritize.
- Believe in a non-hierarchical culture of interaction, transparency and trust between teams.
- Be open to new ideas and be willing to experiment and take risks.
- English is a must.
- Dutch or French (knowledge of the 2 languages is a plus).
Standard location is Brussels and partly remote working is allowed.