At SNCB/NMBS we want to become data-driven. We strive to make data a shared asset giving all stakeholders a common view of the company. We provide users with the tools they need to analyse and explore data, and generate insights that improve customer satisfaction and operational efficiency.
As a senior Azure Data Architect/Engineer within our Data & Analytics team, you play an instrumental role in the realization of this vision by leading the design and implementation of our Azure-based data platform of the future.
- You lead the architecture, design and implementation of our Azure-based data platform.
- You collaborate with all platform users and stakeholders within IT and the business to elaborate the Platform roadmap - you manage the platform backlog
- You have experience with data catalog, data quality, data security, … tools and their integration with the Azure data environment
- You lead the design, development and deployment of end-to-end data applications on the Azure data platform, in collaboration Data Architects to ensure your work is aligned with the requirements and data architecture
- You are an expert in Azure data analytics services (Data Factory, ADLS, Synapse, SQL Server, Databricks, ML)
- You are proficient with data technologies (spark, python/pandas, SQL)
- You master state-of-the-art software engineering best practices and tools (Git, CI/CD, tests, Pipelines, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Azure DevOps)
- You have deep knowledge of Infrastructure-as-Code (Terraform)
- You know C# and have knowledge of API management/frameworks
- You are knowledgeable about interactions between Azure and AWS (from Azure standpoint)
- You have expertise in (near)real-time data streaming/ingestion on an Azure environment
- You know how to set-up high availability / mission critical architectures on Azure
- You are able to cover delivery and operation management of the Azure Data platform
- You work with the Security & Infrastructure teams to ensure data assets and data products are integrated and secured
- You work independently, prioritize multiple stakeholders and tasks, and manage work time effectively
- You participate to the definition of standards, guidelines and best practices and make sure they are respected
- You remain up to date with latest trends and technologies and identify potential impact of market trends in your tasks
- You coach junior data engineers
- You lead the Azure data engineering community
Within our open corporate culture, you contribute to the digital transformation of SNCB. You will have a job with social impact and ample opportunity to make your own contribution. In addition to a good work-life balance and a market-related salary, you have:
- the possibility to work remotely for up to three days per week + flexible working hours;
- 35 days of leave;
- a company car + a public transport pass;
- a target bonus;
- a hospitalisation insurance (including dental care) for the entire family, a group insurance and a disability insurance (cafeteria plan), without own contribution;
- meal cheques and eco-vouchers;
- net allowances for remote working and carwash + internet budget.